Steamboy [With Postcards & Comic Book] [DVD] 
- SKU: 7253651
- Release Date: 07/26/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- "Re-Voicing Steamboy"
- Interview with Katsuhiro Otomo
- Multi-screen landscape study
- The Adventure Continues (end credits without text)
- Production drawings
- Animation onion skins
- Exclusive Otomo illustration postcard
- 166-page booklet containing character designs, mecha designs, and selected storyboard sequences
- 22-page manga
- Ten Steamboy collectable cards
Katsuhiro Otomo, director of the groundbreaking anime feature Akira (1988), returns with this visually striking fusion of the past and the future. It's the Industrial Age in England, reimagined, and various and sundry inventors and scientists are arriving in Britain to hawk their products while capitalism rears its ugly head. A gadget-happy British lad named Ray (voice of Anna Paquin) receives a mysterious package from his grandfather Lloyd Steam (Patrick Stewart) -- a tiny ball that turns out to be an engine toting immense power. As it happens, several of these little balls run the O'Hara pavilion, a massive, mobile fortress. Ray later discovers that his dad and grandfather are located inside of the pavilion; his dad, Eddie, has become mesmerized by O'Hara and subject to their whims, while Lloyd suspects that O'Hara may want to use the balls for nefarious purposes, and tries to put a definitive end to those plans. Indeed, the O'Hara people soon take over the Great Exhibition and turn it into a veritable circus for weapons dealers. Meanwhile, Ray starts to develop feelings for a young girl named Scarlett O'Hara. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Anne Suzuki - Ray Steam
- Manami Konishi - Scarlett O'Hara
- Katsuo Nakamura - Dr Loyd Steam
- Kiyoshi Kodama - Robert Stephenson
- Susumu Terajima - Freddie