- SKU: 14678967
- Release Date: 11/08/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- "Cloud Phenomena of Maloja," a rare 1924 short by Arnold Fanck (10 min.)
- Optional English subtitles
- Photo gallery
This romantic "mountain film" takes place on Mont Blanc, where the meteorologist Hannes (Sepp Rist) resides in an isolated observatory. Hella Armstrong (Leni Riefenstahl), who lives in the valley below with her astronomer father (Friedrich Kayssler), sees Hannes's observatory while flying over it in an airplane with stunt pilot Ernst Udet (who plays himself). She subsequently visits Hannes and the two fall in love. He urges her to visit his ailing musician friend Walter (Mathias Wieman), but when she does he starts to fear that they have become lovers. The distraught Hannes decides to stay for another year of work on Mont Blanc, but his hands freeze when he loses his gloves and is caught in a storm. Unable to build a fire, he tries to descend to safety but the cracks that have formed in the glacier compel him to turn back. Hella picks up his mayday message on the radio in her father's observatory and heads to Mont Blanc with a rescue team. Before she reaches Hannes, Udet is able to fly in and save his life by building a fire. 30/110 ~ Nicole Gagne, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Leni Riefenstahl - Hella Armstrong
- Sepp Rist - Hannes
- Ernst Udet - Himself
- Mathias Wiemann - Walter
- Friedrich Kayssler - Armstrong’s Father