- SKU: 28990203
- Release Date: 07/07/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Its rather advanced special effects aside, this first film version of Hanns Heinz Ewers' short story Student of Prague is filmed in the static, long-shot style common to this early period. Still, the basic story, a variation of the "Faust" legend, has enough raw power to overcome the film's technical limitations. The titular student sells his mirror reflection to a mysterious conjuror (who, in this film, comes dangerously close to a Jewish stereotype) in exchange for wealth and romance. The reflection takes on an evil life of its own, wreaking havoc on all concerned. Of interest in the 1913 Student of Prague is the casting of Paul Wegener in the title role: during the Nazi era, Wegener was appointed Actor of the State, while Student of Prague author Ewers had become the principal biographer of Nazi "martyr" Horst Vessel. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Paul Wegener - Balduin
- Grete Berger - Komtesse Margit
- John Gottowt - Scapinelli
- Lyda Salmonova - Lyduschka