- SKU: 15174687
- Release Date: 10/10/2006
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Style Wars: Revisited - never before released 34 minutes of outtakes, new interviews, "Where Are They Now" footage
- Aesop Rock - music video "No Jumper Cables"
- Four completely new interviews of Crash, Daze, Pink, and Tracy 168 Wildstyle
- Also including Destroy All Lines: 30 minute loop of graffiti masterpieces
Calisthenic breakdancing and big, bold graffiti art were in top form and popularity in the U.S. in the early and mid-'80s, and this documentary extols the spirit and the talents of a variety of New York youngsters who were expert in either one or both of these challenging pastimes. Public reactions are wildly varied. On the one hand, the youth brave a police crackdown on graffiti and face barbed-wire fences and guard dogs in the railroad yards where they spray paint subway cars with oversized lettering. On the other hand, their art is shown in a municipal gallery and analyzed with the same seriousness as a Rembrandt or a Renoir. Whether viewers judge the graffiti an "eyesore" or a bit of post-modern expressionism, it is true that both the art and the dancing are incisively presented in this hour-long exploration. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi