- SKU: 20762568
- Release Date: 10/02/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
While most of director Edward H. Sloman's silent films have vanished, one of the best, Surrender, is happily still in existence. In his only American film appearance, Ivan Mosjoukine stars as an aristocratic Russian officer who falls in love with winsome Jewish peasant girl Mary Philbin. Not surprisingly, the officer is forbidden to marry the girl, but the juggernaut known as the Soviet Revolution changes everything. After years of deprivation and atonement, Mosjoukine and Philbin are finally reunited. Much of the story is told in the "expressionistic" fashion of the European cinema, with subjective-viewpoint angles and montage sequences abounding. Though the climactic revolution scene is the one everybody remembers, the film is at its best in its quieter moments, notably the charming sequence in which hero and heroine meet for the first time. Surrender was based on Lea Lyon, a play by Alexander Brody. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mary Philbin - Lea Lyon
- Nigel de Brulier - Rabbi Mendel
- Daniel Makarenko - Russian General
- Ivan Mozzhukhin - Constantine
- Otto H. Fries - Tarras