- SKU: 13788001
- Release Date: 05/25/2004
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- 5.1 Dolby Surround, digitally remixed and remastered soundtrack of "A Bitter Message of Hopeless Grief"
- Director's commentary also features SRL members Matt Heckert and Mike Dingle
- Never before seen photos, interviews, biographies, and much more
- Over two hours of footage
- Special editions of the following SRL documentaries: "The Pleasures of Uninhibited Excess," "A Scenic Harvest From the Kingdom of Pain," "Virtues of Negative Fascination," "Seven Machine Performances"
- The following SRL films, in their entirety: "A Bitter Message of Hopeless Grief," "The Will to Provoke," the world premiere of "The Delusions of Expediency: How to Avoid Responsibility for Social Disintegration by Acting Without Principle Under the Pretenses of Utility"
Conceived and founded by robotics fetishist Mark Pauline in November of 1978, Survival Research Laboratories have consistently challenged man's relationship with machine by offering a non-stop barrage of technologically terrifying and technically astounding performance art ever staged. Few artists have managed to produce such complex and confrontational art as Pauline and his fearless team of associates, and with this release comprised of performances from throughout Survival Research Laboratories's enduring lifespan, fans of robot wars and dystopian science fiction can get witness the nightmarish beauty of the future unfold before their very eyes. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi