- SKU: 13972212
- Release Date: 08/24/2004
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Digitally remastered and supervised by director and cinematographer
- Commentary track with director Tom Kalin, cinematographer Ellen Kuras, producer Christine Vachon, and actor Craig Chester
- Photo gallery featuring never-before-seen photos from the film, real photos from the Loeb/Leopold murder case
- Original theatrical trailer
Tom Kalin directed this cool and aloof black-and-white study of the infamous Leopold and Loeb case, a case told before in two previous films -- Rope and Compulsion. In 1924, in Chicago, Nathan Leopold Jr. and Richard Loeb, two 18-year-olds, kidnapped and murdered the 13-year-old Bobby Franks, immediately killing him and then stuffing his naked body up a culvert. The motive for the crime was simply that they wanted to prove to themselves that they were smart enough to get away with it. The previous film versions downplayed Leopold and Loeb's homosexuality, but Kalin's version plays it up into a psychosexual motif. Loeb (Daniel Schlachet) is the calculating intellectual, while Leopold (Craig Chester), the amateur ornithologist, is the emotional and weak one. In love with Loeb, Leopold is willing to do anything for him, and when Leob uses the withholding of sex as a prompt, Leopold is even willing to commit murder to have his sexual desires satisfied by Loeb. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Daniel Schlachet - Richard Loeb
- Craig Chester - Nathan Leopold, Jr.
- Ron Vawter - State's Attorney Crowe
- Michael Kirby - Detective Savage
- Michael Stumm - Doctor Bowman