- SKU: 9020784
- Release Date: 12/05/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Disc one: Symbiopsychotaxiplasm Take One:
- New, high-definition digital transfer
- Discovering William Greaves, a new documentary on Greave's career, featuring Greaves, his wife and coproducer Louis Archambault, actress Ruby Dee, filmmaker St. Clair Bourne, and film scholar Scott MacDonald
- Theatrical trailer
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and the hard of hearing
- Disc two: Symbiopsychotaxiplasm: Take 2 1/2
- New digital transfer
- New video interview with Steve Buscemi
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Amy Taubin and production notes by Greaves for Take One
This odd film was shot in 1967 but wasn't released until 1991. The reality of the production is quite amazing. The director, who up until then had only filmed documentaries, decided that he wanted to provoke his actors and crew beyond their level of tolerance so that they would in some fashion hijack his production. Ostensibly, they are filming an arty story called "Over the Cliff," which shows the same scene of a split between husband and wife as played by five different couples from a variety of different angles. Eventually the (secretly anticipated) revolt does happen, and the cast and crew film their late-night sessions in which they discuss what can be done to save the movie. Their uncensored and quite intelligent comments were then included in the completed film along with the footage of the continuing saga of the endlessly filmed marital break-up. While the set-up is nothing like that of the contemporaneous television show Candid Camera, reviewers professed discomfort in viewing the cold manipulations which led to the desired result. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Don Fellows
- Jonathan Gordon
- Robert L. Rosen
- William Greaves
- Susan Anspach