Tampopo [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] 
- SKU: 32549836
- Release Date: 04/25/2017
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New 4k digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- New English Subtitle Translation
- New interview with actor Nobuko Miyamoto
- New interview with food stylist Seiko Ogawa
- New interviews with ramen scholar Hiroshi Oosaki and chefs Sam White, Rayneil De Guzman, Jerry Jakisch, and Ivan Orkin
- New video essay by filmmakers Tony Zhou and Taylor Ramos on the film's themes of self-emprovement and mastery of a craft
- Plus: An essay by food and culture writer Willy Blackmore
- Rubber Band Pistol, Itami's 1962 debut short film
- The Making of "Tampopo," a ninety-minute documentary from 1986, narrated by Director Juzo Itami
The sophomore directorial effort from ill-fated Japanese filmmaker Juzo Itami, Tampopo is an off-beat comedy featuring several intersecting stories all related to food. Tsutomu Yamazaki plays Goro, a truck driver who helps a young widow named Tampopo (Nobuko Miyamoto) improve her noodle restaurant. Over the course of the film, the story drifts around, not only following the stories of Tampopo, her son, and Goro, but also a number of customers who come through the diner, including an old woman (Izumi Hara) who insists on squeezing the cheese at a market and a criminal (Ken Watanabe) with a food-based kink. Tampopo was nominated for Best Foreign Film at the 1988 Independent Spirit Awards. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Ken Watanabe - Gun
- Nobuko Miyamoto - Tampopo
- Tsutomu Yamazaki - Goro
- Koji Yakusho - Man in White Suit
- Rikiya Yasuoka - Pisken