- SKU: 5845954
- Release Date: 08/26/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- 24-page booklet with an essay by Rob Bowman
- Bonus track from Earl Hooker in 1969, "Walking the Floor Over You/Off the Hook"
- Foreward by Bill Wyman (The Rolling Stones)
- Newly discovered photo archive
In 1962, German concert promoters Horst Lippmann and Fritz Rau were a pair of music enthusiasts who, after bringing a number of top jazz artists to Germany, struck upon the idea of assembling a package tour of leading blues artists for a series of shows in Europe. The inaugural American Folk Blues Festival marked the first time that many music fans outside the United States had the opportunity to see some of America's great blues performers in person, and the tour had a seismic impact in many of the countries where they performed, especially England (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones, who would later form the Rolling Stones, were all in the audience for the first tour's sole British date). After the initial tour's rousing success, The American Folk Blues Festival became an annual event, and Lippman, who also worked in broadcasting, arranged for the festival's artists to appear on a series of German television specials. The American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966, Vol. One was assembled from videotaped performances of headliners from the festival's first four years; included are rare performances from Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Willie Dixon, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Sippie Wallace, Otis Rush, and many more. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi