- SKU: 30443181
- Release Date: 02/16/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
This is an indecisive, ultimately unconvincing wartime drama set in the 1930s when Spain was caught in a bloody civil war, a situation that is never clearly delineated in that the story supports the fascists without specifically saying so. The hero is a voluntarily defrocked priest, Arturo Carrera (Dirk Bogarde) who is being hunted by the leftist, anti-clerical, and anti-fascist forces. While on the run himself, he encounters a beautiful prostitute, Soledad (Ava Gardner) and as sure as the sun rises, the two fall in love and stay together. Eventually, they are both caught by the anti-Franco fighters who are trying to get their hands on a precious holy relic. The ex-priest is trapped into making a no-win decision between his love for Soledad and his love for the church while she has a similar but more tragic decision to make on her own. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Ava Gardner - Soledad
- Dirk Bogarde - Arturo Carrera
- Joseph Cotten - Hawthorne
- Vittorio De Sica - Gen. Clave
- Aldo Fabrizi - Canon Rota