The Apple Dumpling Gang/The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again [2 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 8780376
- Release Date: 02/10/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- The Apple Dumpling Gang: Audio commentary with Susan Clark, Tim Conway, Don Knotts and Brad Savage
- Cartoon - "Two Gun Goofy"
- A Look Back With the Gang
- Conversations With Tim Conway
- Disney's Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy Heros
- Lost Treasures: the Disney Back Lot
- 1975 Disney Studio Album
- Production stills
- Actors' biographies
- Advertising: Lobby cards, posters, publicity, comic book
The Apple Dumpling Gang stars Bill Bixby as Russell Donovan, a slick frontier gambler. In Runyon-esque fashion, he is compelled to look after three precocious oprhaned kids. He can't handle the responsibilities alone, so he agrees to an in-name-only marriage to hoydenish stagecoach driver, Magnolia Dusty Clydesdale (Susan Clark). Fortuitously, they discover that a mine belonging to the kids' late father is worth millions. This brings several disreputable characters into the storyline: bumbling "nice" bandits Theodore Ogelvie and Amos (Don Knotts and Tim Conway), and deadly "bad" bandits headed by Frank Stillwell (Slim Pickens). Based on a novel by Jack M. Bickham, The Apple Dumpling Gang was successful enough to spawn a sequel-not to mention several future screen teamings for Don Knotts and Tim Conway. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
Tim Conway and Don Knotts, mere supporting characters in the original Apple Dumpling Gang, are promoted to starring roles in the 1979 sequel The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again. Once more cast as clumsy, soft-hearted western outlaws, Conway and Knotts come to the rescue of cavalry private Tim Matheson. The villain, lieutenant Philip Pine, is undermining the authority of Matheson's commander Harry Morgan, and Matheson wants to find out why. Featured performers include Jack Elam as Big Mac and Ruth Buzzi as Tough Kate. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Bill Bixby - Russel Donavan
- Susan Clark - Magnolia Dusty Clydesdale
- Don Knotts - Theodore Ogelvie
- Tim Conway - Amos
- David Wayne - Col. T.R. Cyldesdale
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.