- SKU: 21493197
- Release Date: 08/20/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Mastered in HD from an archival 35 mm print
- French with optional English subtitles
- English dubbed
- Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, critic and co-editor of Video Watchdog
- "The Horror of Orlof," a 16-minute interview with Jess Franco, directed by David Gregory, produced by Elijah Drenner
- "The Young Dr. Orlof Chronicles," a 19-minute documentary by Daniel Gouyette on the making of the film
- "Jess! What are you doing now?" an 8-minute homage to Jess Franco by Daniel Gouyette, featuring interviews with Franco's friends and collaborators
- Photo gallery
- Theatrical trailers
Cult director Jesus Franco had his greatest popular success with this horrific variation on George Franju's classic Les Yeux sans Visage. Set in 1912, the film concerns the efforts of mad surgeon Dr. Orloff (Howard Vernon) to reconstruct the face of his disfigured daughter Melissa (Diana Lorys). Helped by a freakish assistant named Morpho (Ricardo Valle), Orlof kidnaps several women including Dany (Maria Silva), a cabaret singer whose forgotten necklace is the clue which leads dedicated Inspector Edgar Tanner (Conrado San Martin) onto Orlof's trail. Using girlfriend Wanda Bronsky (also played by Lorys) as an undercover spy, Tanner lures Orlof into a trap, but the risks are greater than he imagines. Stock performers Perla Cristal, Mara Lasso, Venancio Muro, Felix Dafauce, and Juan Riquelme fill out the cast, while Franco himself appears as a pianist. Several versions exist, differing primarily in the amount of sex and violence depicted. One nude murder scene was later used in Pierre Chevalier's Caroline Mannequin Nue. Franco made the first of several sequels, El Secreto del Dr. Orloff in 1964. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Howard Vernon - Dr. Orloff
- Diana Lorys
- Conrado SanMartin - Detective
- Perla Cristal
- Riccardo Valle
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.