- SKU: 18797477
- Release Date: 11/09/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Profle of battle of the river plate, includes interviews with John Brabourne (production manager), Christopher Challis (director of photography), Christopher Lee (actor), Ian Christie (film historian)
Widely regarded as one of the best and most intelligent British war dramas of the 1950s, The Battle of River Plate is the story of Britain's first significant naval victory in WW2. John Gregson heads the cast as Captain Bell, skipper of the Exeter, one of several vessels engaged in pursuit of the "indestructable" Geman battleship Graf Spee. Taking refuge in the neutral harbor of Montevideo, the Graf Spee is covertly protected by the Uruguayan government. Eventually, however, German captain Langsdorff (Peter Finch) is faced with a difficult decision: either stand his ground and fight a losing battle against the Exeter and its sister ships, or scuttle the Graf Spee and save the lives of his crew. Battle of the River Plate was released in the US as Pursuit of the Graf Spee. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Gregson - Capt. F.S. Bell, "Exeter"
- Anthony Quayle - Commodore Harwood
- Peter Finch - Capt. Hans Langsdorff, "Admiral Graf Spee"
- Ian Hunter - Capt. Woodhouse, "Ajax"
- Jack Gwillim - Capt. Parry, "Achilles"