- SKU: 18601119
- Release Date: 03/02/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Two shorts by Agnès Varda on the making of the film: "Around Trapeze Artists" and "Daguerre-Beach"
- "Le Lion Volatil" (12 minutes) short film directed by Agnès Varda
- Biography and filmography
- Theatrical trailer
- 12-page booklet featuring production notes and an essay by film critic Amy Taubin
Produced and directed by French Left Bank giant Agnès Varda as a summation of her long and enduring career, Agnès' Beaches constitutes a free-floating essay film. It is comprised of various elements that collectively pay homage to Varda's past -- including clips from the director's features, dramatically reconstructed moments from Varda's life, and elaborate, almost baroque monuments created onscreen to symbolize specific ideas and concepts -- such as an opening scene with a number of individuals setting up mirrors of various shapes and sizes on a great beach, and an enclosure lined, from wall to wall and floor to ceiling, with film strips from Varda's only cinematic flop, the 1969 feature Les Creatures. Varda uses beaches throughout the narrative as a recurring structural motif to convey her progress from one stage of life to another, while the freedom of form on display here recalls a similar approach on display in earlier Varda works such as the 1991 Jacquot de Nantes. ~ Nathan Southern, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Agnès Varda - Herself
- Rosalie Varda - Herself
- Mathieu Demy - Himself
- Jim McBride - Himself
- Tracy Tynan - Herself