The Chosen [DVD] 
- SKU: 18438106
- Release Date: 05/04/2010
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Commentary by director Jeremy Paul Kagen
- Original theatrical trailer
- Missing scene
- Interviews with director Jeremy Paul Kagan
- Interview with Rod Steiger
- Behind the scenes footage
- Director's storyboards
- Director's sketches
- Production stills
- Screenplay selections
- Posters, openings & awards
The overemphatic acting of Robby Benson was something of an endurance test to certain critics of the 1980s, but even these carpers were impressed by Benson's outstanding performance in The Chosen. Set in the Brooklyn of the 1940s, the film elucidates the friendship between two young Jews of differing factions. Benson is Hassidic, while Barry Miller is a Zionist. Though separated ideologically, the boys find a common bond through their love of stickball. Rod Steiger costars as Benson's rabbi father, delivering a performance virtually devoid of the mannered stridency that has marred many of his more recent film work. Based on a novel by Chaim Potok, The Chosen has become an annual Hannukah-season TV attraction in many cities; years after its release, the film served as the basis for a short-lived Broadway musical. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Maximilian Schell - David Malter
- Rod Steiger - Reb Saunders
- Robby Benson - Danny Saunders
- Barry Miller - Reuven Malter
- Hildy Brooks - Mrs. Saunders
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.