The City of the Dead [Blu-ray] [English] 
- SKU: 30124155
- Release Date: 03/29/2016
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- 45-minute interview with Christopher Lee
- Bonus feature version included: American release Horror Hotel
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes interview with Christopher Lee from 2001
- Feature length commentary with actor Christopher Lee
- Interview and commentary by director John Moxey
- Interview with Venetia Stevenson
- New 2015 commentary by Bruce G. Hallenbeck, author and filmmaker, and noted expert on horror films, especially those of British origin.
- Original British version with over 2 minutes of footage not found in the American Horror Hotel version.
- Photo gallery
- Theatrical trailer
George Baxt scripted this extraordinarily good chiller from a story by Milton Subotsky, who also co-produced. A college student (Venetia Stevenson) with an interest in witchcraft goes to the Massachusetts town of Whitewood. It's a foggy, spooky town which gets even scarier when Stevenson discovers that the owner of the Raven's Inn, Mrs. Newlis (Patricia Jessel) is in fact a 268-year old witch. Jessel sold her soul to the Devil to regain her life after being burned at the stake. The whole town is her coven, including Stevenson's kindly history professor (Christopher Lee). Stevenson's boyfriend and brother arrive to look for her and discover human sacrifices and all sorts of evil goings-on. One of the few horror films of the period which still has the power to frighten, Horror Hotel is required viewing for genre fans. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Ann Beach - Lottie
- Valentine Dyall - Jethrow Keane
- Fred Johnson - Elder
- Dennis Lotis - Richard Barlow
- Norman MacOwan - Rev. Russell
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.