The City of Violence [DVD] 
- SKU: 8543169
- Release Date: 09/04/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Disc 1:
- Feature audio commentary by director and star Ryoo Seung-Wan
- Bloopers reel
- Trailer gallery
- Widescreen - enhanced for 16x9 television
- Languages: Korean Dolby 5.1, Korean DTS, English Dolby 5.1
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
- Disc 2:
- Deleted and alternate scenes
- Blow by Blow: a behind-the-scenes exploration of the action sequences from The City of Violence
- Two Against the Rest: the making of The City of Violence
- 5 behin-the-scenes featurettes on the production of The City of Violence
- Interview and commentary on the movie's action sequences with action director and star Jung Doo-Hung
- Interviews with the caast of The City of Violence
- And much more
Martial-arts pro Jeong Du-hong stars as Jeong Tae-su in notorious Korean action director Ryoo Seung-wan's The City of Violence (aka Jakpae). A former punk and brawler-turned-police detective, Tae-su returns to his hometown for the funeral of a buddy, Wang-jae (Ahn Gil-gang). Once there, he reconnects with members of the "old gang," including the tough but loyal fighter Ryoo Seok-hwan (played by the director) and the gang leader, Jang Pil-ho. Tae-su suspects foul play in Wang-jae's death, and instinctively ties it to Pil-ho, now a scuzzy slimeball with a massive inferiority complex and hordes of armed men. His instincts, it seems, are correct -- Pil-ho indeed had Wang-jae rubbed out. Thus, Tae-su and Seok-hwan ultimately take on Pil-ho at an abandoned Korean restaurant, fighting myriads of his henchmen with bare knuckles, blades, and Korean martial arts, and accompanied by a rousing Leone-style score. ~ Nathan Southern, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jeong Du-hong
- Lee Beom-su - Pil-ho
- Ryu Seung-wan - Sukhwhan
- Jung Doo-hong - Tae-soo
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.