The Duchess of Buffalo [DVD] 
- SKU: 19681059
- Release Date: 10/25/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Constance Talmadge's sole 1926 effort was the forgettable comedy The Duchess of Buffalo. Set in a country that seems to be Russia, the story gets under way when Lieutenant Vladimir Orloff (Tulio Carminati) falls in love with American chorus girl Marian Duncan (Constance Talmadge). Likewise fascinated by Marian is Grand Duke Gregory Alexandrovich (Edward Martindel). When Marian receives a diamond stickpin from an anonymous admirer, the Grand Duke is given what-for by his wife, while Orloff is sentenced to be shot at sunrise. Teaming up with Marian to rescue the Grand Duke from a court scandal, Orloff is spared from execution and permitted a happily-ever-after with the heroine. Based on the Hungarian play Sybil, The Duchess of Buffalo didn't do quite as well at the box office as Talmadge's previous vehicles. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Constance Talmadge - Marian Duncan
- Tullio Carminatti - Vladimir Orloff
- Edward Martindel - Grand Duke Gregory Alexandrovich
- Rose Dione - Grand Duchess Olga Petrovna
- Chester Conklin - Hotel Manager