- SKU: 21501373
- Release Date: 08/06/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio Commentary featuring film scholars Susan White and Gaylyn Studlar
- Introduction by filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson
- Interviews with Ophuls collaborators Alain Jessua
- Mark Frédérix
- Annette Wademant
- Visual essay by film scholar Tag Gallagher
- Interview with writer Louise de Vilmorin about Ophuls's adaptation of her novel
- Plus: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Molly Haskell, an excerpt from Costume Designer Georges Annenkov's 1962 book Max Ophuls, and Vilmorin's 1951 source novel, Madame de
Max Ophüls' masterpiece stars Danielle Darrieux as the titular Madame Louise de..., who in the film's opening scenes is forced to discreetly sell a pair of earrings, a gift from her military officer husband Andre (Charles Boyer), in order to make good on her debts. After she claims the earrings to be lost, the story of their possible theft hits the newspapers, prompting the jeweler who bought them (Jean Debucourt) to secretly sell them back to Andre, who then gives him to his mistress Lola (Lia Di Leo) as she prepares to leave for a holiday in Constantinople. There, the earrings again change hands as Lola pawns them to cover her gambling losses. They are then purchased by Donati, an Italian diplomat (Vittorio de Sica) on his way to France to meet with Andre. Of course, the earrings soon find their way back to Louise. ~ Jason Ankeny, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Charles Boyer - Gen. Andre de...
- Danielle Darrieux - Countess Louise de . . .
- Vittorio De Sica - Baron Fabrizio Donati
- Jean Debucourt - M. Remy, the jeweler
- Mireille Perrey - Mme. de. . .'s Nurse