- SKU: 18150938
- Release Date: 11/17/2009
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Four short films directed by Kent Mackenzie including Bunker Hill 1956
- Clips from Thom Andersen's masterpiece, Los Angeles Plays Itself
- Commentary track: Watching The Exiles with author Sherman Alexie and critic Sean Axmaker
- Last Day of Angels Flight, a short film by Robert Kirste
- Bunker Hill: A tale of Urban Renewal, a short film by Greg Kimble
- WNYC's The Leonard Lopate Show with Presenters Sherman Alexie and Charles Burnett
- Downloadable PDF films (DVD-ROM): The Mackenzie Files: The papers of Kent Mackenzie including his master's thesis on the making of The Exiles
- The "lost" Jug Band Man script- Kent Mackenzie's unfinished last film and more!
The independently produced The Exiles was warmly received at the 1966 Venice Film Festival, then inexplicably fell into obscurity. This is a shame: though made 30 years ago, the issues raised by the film are just as potent and powerful today. The story concerns a trio of young Native Americans who decide to leave the reservation. Once they've reached Los Angeles, the three protagonists find themselves just as lost and isolated as they would have been in the middle of the desert. Non-professionals Yvonne Williams, Homer Nish and Tommy Reynolds offer strong, naturalistic performances; in fact, they don't seem to be acting at all, but instead living their parts. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Homer Nish
- Yvonne Williams