- SKU: 9843565
- Release Date: 04/27/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- New video interview with Lumet
- Three plays by Tennessee Williams, an hour-long television presentation of one-act plays, directed by Lumet in 1958, with Ben Gazarra and Lee Grant, among others
- New video program discussing the playwright's work in hollywood and The Fugitive Kind
- Plus: a booklet featuring an essay by film critic David Thomson
Fugitive Kind began life as Battle of Angels, a never-produced 1939 play by a young Tennessee Williams. Nearly 20 years later, Williams refined this rough-hewn theatrical effort into Orpheus Descending, which enjoyed a respectable Broadway run. The renamed film version stars Marlon Brando as Valentine "Snakeskin" Xavier, a trouble-prone drifter who wanders into a deliciously Williamsesque Mississippi town. Here he becomes involved in the problems of alcoholic Carole Cutrere (Joanne Woodward) and unhappily married Lady Torrence (Anna Magnani) and also runs afoul of Torrence's vicious husband (Victor Jory). Sexual symbolism abounds in this tempestuous drama, which offers Brando at his most inscrutable and Magnani at her earthiest. Maureen Stapleton, in real life one of Brando's best friends and severest critics, plays an avant-garde artist. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marlon Brando - Valentine "Snakeskin" Xavier
- Anna Magnani - Lady Torrance
- Joanne Woodward - Carole Cutrere
- Maureen Stapleton - Vee Talbott
- Victor Jory - Jabe Torrance
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.