- SKU: 25409157
- Release Date: 09/09/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Fourteen deleted scenes
- Telluride film festival Director's q&a
- Original theatrical trailer
Filmmakers Dayna Goldfine and Dan Geller investigate an intriguing historical mystery that still remains unsolved nearly 100 years after the fact in this documentary featuring the voices of Cate Blanchett, Diane Kruger, Thomas Kretschmann, Connie Nielsen, Gustaf Skarsgård, Sebastian Koch, and Josh Radnor. The macabre story begins in 1929. Determined to seek out the solitude that would free him up to become a great philosopher, German physician Friedrich Ritter (Kretschmann) and his lover Dore (Blanchett) set sail for deserted Floreana Island. A tiny enclave in the Galapagos Islands, it was the kind of picturesque paradise that takes some people a lifetime to find. Yet their solitude was short-lived, because once the press caught wind of the couple's extraordinary adventure, curious newcomers such as the adventuresome Wittmer family from Germany and Austrian Baroness Eloise von Wagner Bosquet (Nielsen) decided that they, too, should experience life on Floreana Island. Unfortunately, there would never be enough resources on this tiny archipelago to sustain the dreams of everyone involved, and later when some of the islanders begin vanishing without a trace, the truth about what really transpired in the middle of the Pacific Ocean would become the stuff of legend. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Cate Blanchett - Dore Strauch
- Sebastian Koch - Heinz Wittmer
- Thomas Kretschmann - Friedrich Ritter
- Diane Kruger - Margret Wittmer
- Connie Nielsen - Baroness Eloise von Wagner