- SKU: 30487322
- Release Date: 04/05/2016
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
The "mutual admiration society" consisting of actor James Cagney and actor/director Robert Montgomery culminated in the 1960 film The Gallant Hours. Cagney stars as war hero Admiral William F. "Bull" Halsey. On the verge of retirement, Halsey recalls his most fateful wartime experience: his five-week showdown between himself and Japanese Admiral Yamamoto (James T. Goto) in 1942. In command of the American naval forces in the Pacific, Halsey scores a crucial, tide-turning victory at Guadalcanal. In concentrating on the participants rather than the battle itself, The Gallant Hours is a character study of a remarkable American. The a cappella "score" performed by Ken Darby and the King's Men Quartet is a matter of taste. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- James Cagney - Fleet Adm. William F. Halsey, Jr.
- Dennis Weaver - Lt. Cmdr. Andy Lowe
- Ward Costello - Capt. Harry Black
- Richard Jaeckel - Lt. Cmdr. Roy Webb
- Les Tremayne - Capt. Frank Enright