The High Cost of Loving [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 28770181
- Release Date: 07/14/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
After a string of such serious projects as The Shrike and I Accuse, director-star Jose Ferrer lightens up a bit with the frothy comedy The High Cost of Loving. Ferrer plays purchasing executive Jim Fry, who has doubts about his financial future when his company is taken over by a conglomerate. Adding to the dilemma is the fact that Fry's wife Virginia (Gena Rowlands, in her film debut) is expecting her first child. Surrounded by ulcerated status-seekers and "grey flannel suits", Jim and Virginia wonder if they've lost the fundamental values that attracted them to one another in the first place. The film's satirical barbs seem a bit muted today, but that's the price one pays when putting together a "topical" comedy. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- José Ferrer - Jim Fry
- Gena Rowlands - Virginia Fry
- Joanne Gilbert - Syd Heyward
- Jim Backus - Paul Mason
- Bobby Troup - Steve Heyward