- SKU: 15188084
- Release Date: 09/26/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Full length feature film, the Suspended Vacation
- 30-minute interview with Ruiz by Jerome Prieur (Origin of Christianity), "Raul Ruiz: From Chile to Klossowski"
The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting is the film most responsible for bringing director Raul Ruiz to international prominence. The intricate film is structured as an unfolding puzzle, a bafflingly complex mystery where the detectives use the techniques of art history. The film is narrated by an art collector and an unnamed interviewer who dissect a series of six 19th-century paintings. The collector argues that certain imperfections in the artwork -- errors in perspective, anachronistic objects, misplaced shadows -- are not in fact imperfections, but clues left by the artist. He feels these are keys to a larger secret, one related to a grand historical conspiracy. However, this theory presupposes the existence of a seventh painting, the crucial, missing link in the chain. The collector believes this painting has been stolen, but the interviewer claims it never existed. Ruiz transforms these academic discussions into cinema by exploring the riddle of the paintings from the inside. He re-creates each painting with live actors and real locations then views the scenes from different angles, presenting a visual equivalent to the spoken analysis, a meditation on history, art, and the problem of interpretation. ~ Judd Blaise, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jean Rougeul - The collector
- Anne Debois
- Alix Comte
- Jean Narboni
- Alfred Bailou