- SKU: 18957718
- Release Date: 10/20/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Though its title would seem to indicate a medieval swashbuckler, The Iron Mistress is actually based on the life of American frontiersman Jim Bowie. Alan Ladd stars as the fearless, knife-wielding Bowie, who is first seen arriving in New Orleans to sell a supply of lumber. Bowie falls in love with duplicitous Creole lass Judalon de Bornay (a brunette Virginia Mayo), who inspires him to increase his riches and political power. When Bowie doesn't move up the ladder of success fast enough to suit her, the fickle Judalon weds another. Bowie eventually finds happiness in the arms of Ursula de Veremendi (Phyllis Kirk), the daughter of Texas' vice-governor. The film tactfully ends long before Bowie's rendezvous with destiny at the Alamo. The Iron Mistress is based on the novel by Paul I. Wellman; the highlight of the novel, a fierce knife-and-rapier duel, is faithfully recreated here. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alan Ladd - Jim Bowie
- Virginia Mayo - Judalon de Bornay
- Joseph Calleia - Juan Moreno
- Phyllis Kirk - Ursula de Veramendi
- Alf Kjellin - Philippe de Cabanal