- SKU: 5862211
- Release Date: 10/07/2003
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Commentary by producer Michael Deeley and Matthew Field, author of "The Making of The Italian Job"
- Three making-of documentaries
- Deleted scene with commentary by Matthew Field
- Theatrical trailer
- Re-release trailer
- Widescreen version enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs
- Dolby Digital: English 5.1 Surround, Restored English Mono
- English subtitles
- Closed Captioned
The quintessential British caper film of the 1960s, The Italian Job is a flashy, fast romp that chases a team of career criminals throughout one of the biggest international gold heists in history. Michael Caine is Charlie Croker, a stylish robber and skirt-chaser just out of British prison. Shunning rehabilitation for recidivism, Croker takes over "The Italian Job," a complicated plan to hijack gold bullion from Italy -- right from underneath the noses of the Italian Police and the Mafia. The job, whose original mastermind was murdered, clearly requires the sponsorship of a richer, more established criminal than Croker. He turns to the auspices of the eccentric Mr. Bridger (Noël Coward in his last film role), a suave, regal, incarcerated English crime boss with a peculiar fascination with the Queen. Bridger provides Croker with a quirky group of Britain's most infamous computer hackers (including a lascivious Benny Hill), bank robbers, hijackers, and getaway drivers -- the ex-con is soon well on his way to relieving Italy of the gold. ~ Aubry Anne D'Arminio, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Michael Caine - Charlie Croker
- Benny Hill - Prof. Simon Peach
- Raf Vallone - Altabani
- Tony Beckley - Freddie
- Rossano Brazzi - Beckerman
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.