- SKU: 9661078
- Release Date: 03/24/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New Audio Commentary by Annette Insdorf, Author of François Truffaut
- Audio Commentary by Actor Gérard Depardieu, Historian Jean-Pierre Azéma, and Truffaut biographer Serge Toubiana
- Deleted Scene
- French Television exerpts featuring interviews with Truffaut and Actors Catherine Deneuve, Depardieu, and Jean Poiret
- New video Interviews with Actors Andréa Ferréol, Sabine Haudepin, and Paulette Dubost, second assistant Director Alain Tasma, and Camera Assistants Florent Bazin and Tessa Racine, in which they discuss The Last Metros' ensemble performances and visual style
- A Video Interview with the celebrated cinematographer Nestor Almendros, detailing his collaborations with Truffaut
- Une Historic d'eau, a 1958 short film codirected by Truffaut and Jean-Luc Godard
- Theatrical Trailer
- New and Improved English subtitle translation
- Plus: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Armond White
The Last Metro is set virtually in its entirety in a crumbling French theatre. During the Nazi occupation, Jewish director Lucas Steiner (Heinz Bennent) hides in the basement of the theatre, while his wife Marion (Catherine Deneuve) stars in its latest production. Marion is enamored of leading man Bernard Granger (Gerard Depardieu), and he with her, but they resist temptation out of respect to her husband. When she is given a choice between loyalty to her husband and to her countrymen, her dilemma offers two logical solutions--both of which are acted out on stage during the play. This Pirandellian ending aside, The Last Metro is one of the few films to accurately capture the feeling of what it was like to live in Paris under the thumb of the Nazis. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Catherine Deneuve - Marion Steiner
- Jean Poiret - Jean-Loup Cottins
- Heinz Bennent - Lucas Steiner
- Andréa Ferréol - Arlette Guillaume
- Paulette Dubost - Germaine Fabre
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.