The Little Riders [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 25425405
- Release Date: 09/02/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Filmed on location in Holland, the made-for-cable The Little Riders is set during the wartime Nazi occupation of that country. Living with her Dutch grandparents in the village of Kirkendam, American-born Joanne Hunter (Noley Thornton) is a helpless bystander in the real-life drama being played out between the locals and German occupational officer Captain Kessel (Malcolm McDowell). Grimly determined to break down any and all resistance to the Nazis, Kessel is prepared to destroy the villagers' most cherished possession: He intends to dismantle the six lead statues--or "little riders"--which revolve hourly on Kirkendam's 300-year-old clock tower, and melt them down for bullets. Intensifying the situation is the growing relationship between Joanne and Lt. Braun (Benedick Blythe), a conscience-stricken German officer billeted in her grandparents' home. Paul Scofieldheads the cast as the clock's caretaker, who also happens to be the head of the resistance movement--not to mention Joanne's grandfather. The Little Riders debuted March 24, 1996, over the Disney Channel. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Paul Scofield - Pieter Roden
- Noley Thornton - Joanne Hunter
- Rosemary Harris - Juliana Roden
- Malcolm McDowell - Capt. Kessel
- Benedick Blythe - Lt. Braun