- SKU: 22807724
- Release Date: 01/28/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New, restored 2K digital film transfer, supervised by director Terence Davies and director of photography Michael Coulter, with uncompressed stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary by Davies and Coulter
- Episode of the Britsh television series The South Bank Show from 1992, featuring Davies, footage from the film's production, and interviews with cast and crew
- New interviews with executive producer Colin MacCabe and production designer Christopher Hobbs
- One Blu-ray and one DVD, with all content available in both formats
- Plus: a booklet featuring an essay by critic Michael Koresky
Terence Davies' blissful, evocative and non-narrative follow-up to his Distant Voices, Still Lives follows a few months in the life of 12-year-old Bud (Leigh McCormack), in impressionistic snatches of his everyday existence growing up in the Liverpool of 1956. Bud's world is influenced by his mother (Marjorie Yates), his older sister Helen (Ayse Owens), and his older brothers John (Nicholas Lamont) and Kevin (Anthony Watson). Bud is a lonely and quiet child whose moments of solace occur when he sits in rapture at the local cinema, watching towering and iconic figures on the movie screen. The movies give Bud the strength to get through another day as he deals with his oppressive school environment and his burgeoning homosexuality. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Marjorie Yates - Mother
- Anthony Watson - Kevin
- Nicholas Lamont
- Ayse Owens - Helen
- Tina Malone - Edna