The Longest Yard [DVD] [Eng/Fre] 
- SKU: 2918371
- Release Date: 01/01/2013
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- First Down And Twenty-Five To Life
- The Care & Feeding Of Pro Athletes
- Lights, Camera, Touchdown!
- Extra Points With Commentary By Director Peter Segal
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Peter Segal
- Music Video: "Errtime" By Nelly
- Here Comes The Boom
- Fumbles And Stumbles
One of the toughest and best-remembered sports movies of the 1970s gets a humorous makeover in this comedy. Paul "Wrecking" Crewe (Adam Sandler) was once a famous professional football player, but after several years out of the limelight and an alcohol problem have taken their toll, Crewe is arrested for a serious traffic accident aggravated by the fact he was drunk. Crewe is sentenced to Allenville Penitentiary, where Warden Hazen (James Cromwell) is something of a football fan. Hazen had organized his guards into an impressive football team, and clears a healthy profit by taking bets on their games. Looking to make the competition more interesting, Hazen suggests that Crewe put together a team from the inmate population to play his guards. With the help of fellow prisoner Caretaker (Chris Rock), Crewe recruits the heaviest hitters from the cell block for the team, but the guys don't play like a unit until Crewe and Caretaker get some help from Nate Scarborough (Burt Reynolds), a former college and NFL coach doing hard time. Adapted from Robert Aldrich's 1974 box-office smash of the same name, The Longest Yard also features rap star Nelly and Nicholas Turturro; the film has previously been loosely remade in 2001 as Mean Machine, with the action moved to England and the game changed to soccer. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Adam Sandler - Paul "Wrecking" Crewe
- Chris Rock - Caretaker
- Burt Reynolds - Nate Scarborough
- Nelly - Meggert
- James Cromwell - Warden Hazen
0 out of 2 found this review helpful.