- SKU: 29458456
- Release Date: 11/24/2015
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- "Abstract Experiment in Kodachrome"
- "Julian Roffman: the man behind The Mask," a 20-minute documentary
- "The Life and Death of 9413, a Hollywood Extra"(1928)
- 3-D calibration guide (anaglyph)
- 3-D sequences in anaglyph (red/cyan) format (3-D glasses not included)
- Audio commentary by film historian Jason Pichonsky
- Four trailers and TV spots
- Montage sequences (1928-1937)
- Newly restored in stereoscopic 3-D from the original 35mm elements (3-D TV, player and glasses required)
- The films of Slavko Vorkapich:
Also known as Eyes of Hell, The Mask, is an inexpensive Canadian horror film is distinguished by a gimmick which relies upon full-audience cooperation. Anticipating Jim Carrey by 30 years, Paul Stevens comes into possession of an ancient mask which harbors Strange Powers. When Stevens places the mask over his face, the line "Put your mask on now" is supposed to cue the audience to don their 3-D glasses -- whereupon both Stevens and the audience experience a series of hallucinatory images. The major difference is that Stevens' hallucinations give him the urge to kill; it is hoped that the audience will not follow suit. In the early 1980s, a restored stereoscopic version of The Eyes of Hell was released to television in tandem with a pair of 3-D Three Stooges shorts, Spooks (1953) and Pardon My Backfire (1953). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Paul Stevens - Dr. Allan Barnes
- Claudette Nevins - Pamela Albright
- Anne Collings - Miss Goodrich
- Martin Lavut - Michael Randin
- Leo Leyden - Dr. Soames
2 out of 2 found this review helpful.