The Messenger [Blu-ray/DVD] 
- SKU: 9878519
- Release Date: 05/18/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary with Oren Moverman, Lawrence Inglee, Ben Foster, and Woody Harrelson
- Going HOme
- Variety screening seris Q&A with Oren Moverman, Woody Harrelson, Alessandro Camon, Lawrence Inglee, Ben Foster, and Bobby Bukowski
- The Messenger shooting script
An Iraq War veteran who just narrowly escaped death in combat struggles with his new post at the Casualty Notification Office while anticipating his upcoming discharge in this military drama starring Ben Foster, Woody Harrelson, Jena Malone, and Samantha Morton. Will Montgomery (Foster) has spent his fair share of time in army hospitals, and with just three months to go before returning to civilian life, he discovers that his girlfriend back home (Malone) has decided to move on with her life. Crestfallen, Will discovers that his latest hope for a fresh start will be training to work for the Casualty Notification Office under the mentorship of senior officer Tony (Harrelson). As someone who had a close brush with death himself, Will isn't sure that he's the man to tell families that their own loved ones will never be coming home. Thankfully, in between his assignments, Tony offers a sympathetic ear and the two men form a bond that will ultimately help them to readjust to "normal" life. But once you've been in the thick of it, any true hope for a "normal" life after the military is just wishful thinking. Later, Will is drawn to the grieving widow (Morton) of a fallen soldier, a development that forces him to ponder the ethical dilemma of starting a relationship with a woman in such a vulnerable position. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Ben Foster - Staff Sgt. Will Montgomery
- Woody Harrelson - Capt. Tony Stone
- Samantha Morton - Olivia Pitterson
- Jena Malone - Kelly
- Steve Buscemi - Dale Martin
1 out of 2 found this review helpful.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.