- SKU: 22012489
- Release Date: 01/04/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
The mudlark is Andrew Ray, an illiterate London street urchin of the mid-19th century. Having seen a picture of Queen Victoria on a coin, Ray determines to meet the Great Lady, and to that end he sneaks into Windsor Castle. Victoria (Irene Dunne in a padded costume) has sequestered herself in the castle since the death of her beloved Prince Albert, and has refused to make any public appearances, much to the consternation of Prime Minister Disraeli (Alec Guinness). When the boy breaks into the Queen's sanctorum, her courtiers are convinced he's part of an assassination plot. But Victoria is regenerated by the boy's natural good humor, and for the first time in a long time she emerges from mourning to see her loyal subjects again. Filmed in England, The Mudlark not so much an historical drama as it is an acting lesson from such masters as Irene Dunne, Alec Guinness, and Finlay Currie (as a kilted Scotsman). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Irene Dunne - Queen Victoria
- Alec Guinness - Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli
- Andrew Ray - Wheeler, the Mudlark
- Beatrice Campbell - Lady Emily Prior
- Anthony Steel - Lt. Charles McHatten