- SKU: 30713269
- Release Date: 05/17/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary recorded in 2000, featuring Shindo and composer Hikaru Hayashi
- New appreciation of the film by actor Benicio Del Toro
- New interview with film scholar Akira Mizuta Lippit
- Video introduction by director Kaneto Shindo, recorded for a 2011 retrospective of his work
The titular island in this Japanese domestic drama is an agrarian flyspeck, almost completely cut off from contact with the mainland. Here the island's residents mechanically go through their everyday farming tasks. The film concentrates on a family of five, content with their existence despite its hardships. When the oldest son dies, it is the first of many devastating blows that nearly rip the family asunder. Originally titled Hadaka No Shima, the film was also released as Naked Island. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Nobuko Otowa - Toyo, the mother
- Taiji Tonoyama - Senta, the father
- Shinji Tanaka - Taro, the elder son
- Masanori Horimoto - Jiro, the younger son