- SKU: 18623724
- Release Date: 06/29/2010
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Dull, workaday life at the Navy weather station base on Gow Island is broken up -- violently -- when a transport plane from the antarctic, on a routine approach for re-fueling, sudden reports trouble and crash-lands. Most of the scientists and crew who were supposed to be aboard are missing, and the one man they do find, the pilot, is in a shock and can't speak. Then the local bird population gets disturbed, and soon people are disappearing, all while the scientists try to figure out the connection between all of these events and a corrosive residue that starts turning up. It later becomes clear that the island, now cut off from the outside world, is under assault by some kind of carnivorous species than can resist most weapons and breeds very fast. Lt. Charles Brown (Anthony Eisley), in temporary command, has to hold together his small navy crew and a coterie of scientists (Walter Sande et al) and civilians, including a nurse (Mamie Van Doren) in whom he has more than a professional interest. ~ Bruce Eder, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mamie van Doren - Lt. Nora Hall
- Anthony Eisley - Lt. Charles Brown
- Pamela Mason - Maria, a scientist
- Billy Gray
- Bobby Van - Ens. Rutherford Chandler