The Panther's Claw [DVD] 
- SKU: 14856961
- Release Date: 02/28/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Magazine writer and editor Fulton Ousler's stern police commissioner Thatcher Colt came to the screen in April of 1942 courtesy of former investment broker Lester Cutler, veteran actor Sidney Blackmer, and cinematic hack William Beaudine (the latter living up to his nickname "One Shot" by assembling the whodunit within a week or so at Hollywood's Talisman Studios). Arrested for loitering in a cemetery, wigmaker and operetta company proprietor Everett P. Digberry (Byron Foulger) claims to have been lured there by a blackmailer known only as the Black Panther. But as Colt and his lieutenant, Anthony Abbott (Rick Vallin), soon discover, the paw print on the blackmail note belongs to Digberry's own pet cat and when the wigmaker's secret inamorata, Nina Politza (Gerta Rozan), is found murdered, Digberry becomes the obvious prime suspect. But then a rival wigmaker is slain and suspicion turns to bombastic tenor Enrico Lombardi (Joaquin Edwards). But is he the killer? Or did someone else do the dirty deed? Despite a rather lavish ad campaign that promised more Thatcher Colt stories in the future, The Panther's Claw marked the fictional detective's only screen appearance. ~ Hans J. Wollstein, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Byron Foulger - Everett Digberry
- Rick Vallin - Anthony Abbott
- Herbert Rawlinson - District Attorney
- Lynn Starr - Miss Spencer
- Barry Bernard - Edgar Walters