- SKU: 25916352
- Release Date: 02/17/2015
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary with director Dwight H. Little and actor Robert Englund
- Behind the mask: the making of "The Phantom of the Opera", featuring new interviews with director Dwight H. Little, actors Robert Englund, Jill Schoelen, and Alex Hyde-White, screenwriter Duke Sandefur, special make-up designer Kevin Yagher, special make-up effects artists John Carl Buechler, Everett Burrell and John Vulich, and composer Misha Segal
- Theatrical trailer
Gaston Leroux's classic tale of love and suspense gets a face-lift in this horror story loosely adapted from Leroux's novel. Christine (Jill Schoelen) is a young classical vocalist who, in the midst of performing a recently discovered piece by an obscure composer, is struck on the head by a sandbag and wakes up in London in 1884. Eric Destler (Robert Englund) is a composer who is desperate to succeed -- so much so that he sells his soul to the devil in exchange for writing songs that people will love. However, the devil adds a twist to the bargain by horribly scarring Eric's face, which can only be disguised by flesh from a living victim. Living below the London Opera House, Eric works night and day on his music; when he hears Christine's voice he falls in love, he and lures her to his lair. Eric decides that Christine is the perfect woman to sing his music; he coaches her to a perfect interpretation of his work, and he kills anyone who stands between her and success. Future Saturday Night Live star Molly Shannon made her film debut in a small role in the film's modern day sequences. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Robert Englund - Eric Destler, Phantom
- Jill Schoelen - Christine
- Alex Hyde-White - Richard
- Bill Nighy - Barton
- Stephanie Lawrence - Carlotta
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.