- SKU: 21040481
- Release Date: 04/23/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
One of themost acclaimed films to emerge from Republic studios, The Red Pony is an adaptation of the John Steinbeck story of the same name. Top billing goes to Myrna Loy and Robert Mitchum, but the film's true star is young Peter Miles as Tom. A lonely farm boy, Tom seeks refuge from his troublesome home life and his eternally squabbling parents (Loy and Shepperd Strudwick) through his devotion to a newborn colt. The red pony is the issue of a prize mare owned by ranchhand Billy Buck (Mitchum), whom Tom idolizes. The film's coming-of-age theme cluminates in a poignant denouement. Louis Calhern plays Tom's lovably prevaricating grandfather, while 10-year-old Beau Bridges essays one of his first featured roles. Aaron Copland's score and the rich Technicolor photography of Tony Gaudio contribute to the film's overall mood. The Red Pony was remade for television in 1973. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Myrna Loy - Alice Tiflin
- Robert Mitchum - Billy Buck
- Louis Calhern - Grandpa
- Shepperd Strudwick - Fred Tiflin
- Gerald Perreau-Saissine - Tom Tiflin