- SKU: 20207142
- Release Date: 07/10/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Complete alternate version of the Saphead, compirsed entirely of variant takes and camera angles
- "A Pair of Sapheads", an eight-minute featurette comparing the two versions of the film
- Buster Keaton: Life of the Party, a rare audio recording from 1962, in which Keaton recalls the memories and songs of his vaudeville youth, amid an intimate gathering of friends
- Gallery of personal photographs from Keaton's childhood in vaudeville
- Music arranged and directed by Robert Israel, in 2.0 stereo and 5.1 surround
- Music composed and performed by Ben Model, in 2.0 stereo
The Saphead was based on the tried-and-true Winchell Smith stage comedy The New Henrietta, previously filmed in 1915 as The Lamb. Buster Keaton, at the time a popular 2-reel comedy attraction, makes his feature-film debut in the role of the addlepated son of Wall Street lion William H. Crane. In an effort to make something worthwhile of his unprepossessing offspring, Crane gives Keaton $100,000 to buy a seat on the stock market. Keaton gets mixed up in a seemingly worthless stock, but proves at the end that he's got more business sense than all the other brokers combined. Surprisingly, The Saphead is almost bereft of slapstick, until Keaton forces the issue in a riotous stock-exchange climax. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- William H. Crane - Nicholas Van Alstyne
- Buster Keaton - Bertie Van Alstyne, His Son
- Carol Holloway - Rose Turner
- Edward Connelly - Musgrave
- Irving Cummings - Mark Tumer