- SKU: 14659283
- Release Date: 10/25/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Though set in 1865, The Son of Monte Cristo is a thinly disguised indictment against 20th century dictatorships. Louis Hayward plays the title character, Edmond Dantes Jr., who while posing as an epicene dandy works tirelessly to topple the regime of fascistic Balkan despot Count Gurko (George Sanders). Under cover of night, Hayward dons mask and cape as "The Torch", a Zorro-like dogooder rallying the peasantry to rise up against Gurko and his ilk. As a bonus, he rescues the lovely Grand Duchess Zona (Joan Bennett) from an arranged marriage with the usurping Count. Produced by Edward Small as a followup to his 1939 version of Man in the Iron Mask, The Son of Monte Cristo benefits from a carefully chosen supporting cast, including Clayton "Lone Ranger" Moore and Ralph "Dick Tracy" Byrd. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Louis Hayward - Count of Monte Cristo
- Joan Bennett - Grand Duchess Zona
- George Sanders - Gurko Lanen
- Florence Bates - Countess Mathilde
- Lionel Royce - Col. Zimmerman