- SKU: 17489549
- Release Date: 01/13/2009
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Taking Power, a multimedia essay by Tag Gallagher, author of The Adventures of Roberto Rossellini
- Video interview with artistic adviser Jean-Dominique de La Rochefoucauld and script supervisor Michelle Podroznik
- Video interview with second-unit director Renzo Rossellini, Roberto's son
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Plus: A new essay by critic Colin MacCabe
Given the opportunity to turn out a Sacha Guitry-style spectacle, director Roberto Rossellini charts his own neorealist course for The Rise of Louis XIV. It's as if a documentary cameraman was let loose in the royal court of the 17th Century Sun King, here played by Jean-Marie Patte. The use of unfamiliar actors in the major roles adds to the film's realism. Though shown to be the product of a decadent lifestyle, Louis is depicted as being trapped by his royalty, forced in spite of himself to be a raconteur and trendsetter. The Rise of Louis XIV was one of several innovative films made for French television by the Italian Rossellini. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jean-Marie Patte - Louis XIV
- Raymond Jourdan - Jean Baptiste Colbert
- Katharina Renn - Queen Mother
- Silvagni - Cardinal Mazarin
- Pierre Barrat - Nicolas Fouquet