- SKU: 18642891
- Release Date: 08/10/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- A Brief History of the Harkis
- Techno Suzette
- Calendars Doodled - One Year Of Drawings by Youngsters
- Stop Motion Animation by Gondry Collaborator Valerie Pirson
- Charlotte Gainsbourg's "Little Monsters"
- Post-Screening Q&A with Gondry at SXSW Premiere
- In Conversation - A Special Event with Michel Gondry at SXSW Film Festival
Filmmaker Michel Gondry turns from the playful semi-surrealism of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep to the personal story of a beloved family member in this documentary. Suzette Gondry is Michel's aunt and a retired schoolteacher; she educated children in rural communities in France from 1952 to 1986. While Suzette was committed to the education of all her students, she was a particularly close with one in particular -- her son, Jean-Yves, with whom she's had a loving but sometimes combative relationship. Michel accompanies Suzette on a journey in which she visits the many schools where she taught -- or the sites where those schools once stood -- and speaks of her experiences. She also meets some of her former students, and it's clear they recall Suzette as a woman with a kind heart but a strong will, and her determination earned her the enmity of a few of her charges. L'Epine dans le Coeur (aka The Thorn in the Heart) was an official selection at the 2009 BFI London Film Festival. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi