- SKU: 3730939
- Release Date: 09/07/1999
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
- Production Notes
- Interactive Menus
- Languages: English (Mono), Spanish (Mono)
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai
- Scream For Your Lives! Featurette
- William Castle's Drive-In "Scream" Scene
- Original "Scream" Scene
- Theatrical Trailers
- Talent Files
- Scene Selections
As famous for the gimmick with which the film was shown as for its genuinely spine-tingling story, The Tingler follows a pathologist (Vincent Price) as he searches for the cause of a series of deaths and discovers that the victims have a large insect-like creature growing on their spinal chords. The creature attacks when the people are frightened and is only killed when the host emits a blood-curdling primal scream. This is coupled with a subplot to scare the deaf-mute owner of a silent movie house to death. Along the way, a couple of characters are injected with LSD and begin hallucinating like mad. When one of the nasty monsters "escaped" into a movie theater, the film's gimmick would begin. In order to further frighten audiences, director William Castle had certain theater seats rigged with small Army surplus devices that would deliver a mild electric shock to the spine in hopes of inducing terrified screams. Castle also planted audience members who would scream and faint. The house lights would go up, the film would stop and ushers would carry the unconscious person out of the theater. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Vincent Price - Dr. William Chapin
- Judith Evelyn - Mrs. Higgins
- Darryl Hickman - David Morris
- Philip Coolidge - Ollie Higgins
- Pamela Lincoln - Lucy Stevens