- SKU: 19138712
- Release Date: 05/17/2011
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
Originally released in England as The Way to the Stars, Johnny in the Clouds is the story of how the Battle of Britain affected the lives of combatants and civilians alike. Terence Rattigan's screenplay concentrates on three groups of people: an American pilot and his wife, a doomed British officer with a wife and child, and a young couple who plan to marry despite the precariousness of wartime romances. Most of the action takes place at an air base and the neighboring village, where the private citizens react to rationing and other restrictions with various degrees of nobility and selfishness. The American title of this film is derived from the poem "Johnny in the Clouds," recited in tribute to the decease British airman; the U.S. version, which was released after the war, includes a prologue set in the deserted air base, with the bulk of the film offered as a flashback. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- John Mills - Peter Penrose
- Michael Redgrave - Lt. David Archdale
- Douglass Montgomery - Johnny Hollis
- Bonar Colleano - Joe Friselli
- Trevor Howard - Squadron Leader Carter
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.