- SKU: 17359902
- Release Date: 11/18/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Anamorphic (1.85:1) widescreen transfer
- Japanese Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Newly-Translated, removable English subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Minoru Kawasaki and actor Takenori Murano
- "Making Of" featurette
- Introductions from
- Theatrical trailer
Japanese director Minoru Kawasaki (Executive Koala and The Rug Cop) levels his satirical sights on global superpowers, western traditions, and foreign immigrants in this outrageous comedy inspired by the cult 1970s novella of the same name. The year is 2011. Thanks to global warming and shifting tectonic plates, planet Earth's landmass has just gotten a massive overhaul. Japan is the only country on the planet that has managed to avoid being devastated by the unprecedented natural disaster, and it isn't long before refugees from every affected nation are attempting to integrate themselves into Japanese society. And it isn't an easy transition either, because as A-list American actors turn up on television costume samurai dramas and white women go to work for middle-class Japanese families, those who don't sufficiently blend in among Japanese society are arrested. Meanwhile, as the former leaders of China and South Korea become lapdogs for the Japanese Prime Minister, geologists discover that there's more seismic activity on the horizon, and the worst may be yet to come. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Kenji Kohashi
- Shuji Kashiwabara
- Masatoshi Matsuo
- Hiroshi Fujioka
- Takenori Murano