- SKU: 5767093
- Release Date: 09/30/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered!
- Audio commentary by Daniel Krogh, longtime Lewis friend, actor, crew member, and author of "The Amazing Herschell Gordon Lewis!"
- Original theatrical trailers!
- Bonus H.G. Lewis trailers for: Blast-Off Girls, She Devils on Wheels, Something Weird, A Taste of Blood
- Two Thousand Maniacs! and The Wizard of Gore!
- Join Jeffery Allen and the folks on Moonshine Mountain for an H.G. Lewis-style musical short #1: The Old Grey Goose is Dead!
- Sexy gals love that white lightnin' in Barry Mahon short #2: Naked Moonshine!
- Gallery of Herschell Gordon Lewis explotation art!
- Total running time: Over 3 1/2 hours of Lovin', Likker & Lunacy!
A renegade backwoods reverend practices what he preaches and gets into all sorts of trouble with the FBI and some of his more upstanding parishioners in this lurid crime drama that was originally made to be shown on the Southern drive-in exploitation film circuit. The preacher's problems begin when he continues to expound the glories of moonshine and fast women on his pulpit. It is the former (the preacher makes illegal corn squeezin's on the side) that gets him into trouble. The story's mandatory violence and bloodshed comes in when one of the rev's most ardent supporters begins to graphically slaughter those who oppose him. Unfortunately, this is not the sort of support the minister wants and in the end, he and his psycho fan get into a bloody final conflict. This film is the swan song of heretofore distinguished actor Tim Holt. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi
Year of the Yahoo
The final installment in cult filmmaker Herschell Gordon Lewis' loosely knit hillbilly trilogy (Moonshine Mountain and This Stuff'll Kill Ya! are the other two) stars country & western singer Claude King as (of all things) a country & western singer. Some stereotypical scuzzballs from Washington con him into running for senator, but find that Southerners are not so easily fooled. Although it's typically vulgar Lewis fare, it makes an interesting comparison with the same year's The Candidate and the 1992 satire Bob Roberts, both of which bear more than a passing similarity to this one. Lewis regulars Ray Sager, Jeffrey Allen, and Dan Krogh are also on hand. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jeffrey Allen - Roscoe Boone
- Larry Drake - Bubba
- Jack Garner - Turnip
- Tim Holt - Clark
- Gloria King - Elsie