- SKU: 28991583
- Release Date: 07/07/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
A picture featuring orphans was always a good box-office bet in the early '20s, so it's no surprise that the novel by Kate Douglas Wiggin found its way to the screen. Eleven-year-old Joseph Depew (who grew up to direct The Beverly Hillbillies) is Timothy, who lives in an orphanage and takes care of a little girl he calls Lady Gay (Helen Rowland). He runs away with the girl and they set out in search of a mother. Their travels lead them to a ride on a freight train headed out to the country. The children pick out a house that they think would be nice to live in, but its resident, spinster Avida Cummins (Marie Day), has no intention whatsoever of being a "mother" to anyone and refuses to take them in. Needless to say, it's only a matter of a few days before she changes her mind and allows the orphans to become part of her life. Eventually, she is given the opportunity to let Timothy go, but by then she has come to love the little boy. Wiggin's story was filmed as a talkie in 1935. ~ Janiss Garza, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Joseph Depew - Timothy
- Marie Day - Miss Avilda Cummins
- Margaret Seddon - Samantha Ann Ripley
- Bertram Marburgh - Jabe Slocum
- Gladys Leslie - Miss Dora