Tom Sawyer [DVD] 
- SKU: 27243263
- Release Date: 10/28/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
This version of the Mark Twain novel contains its more homespun situations -- the whitewashing episode, Tom's courtship of Becky Thatcher (Clara Horton), his decision to run away with his pals Huck Finn (Robert Gordon) and Joe Harper (Antrim Short), and their "return from the dead" at their own funeral. Left out is the murder committed by Injun Joe and his death at Tom's hands. But just about everything that was missing here was filmed in 1918's Huck and Tom, made with the same cast, which included Jack Pickford as 15-year-old Tom. Pickford was a bit too old and worldly-wise for the part -- but since he was the brother of America's Sweetheart, Mary Pickford, the casting choice seemed logical on the surface. Both films were directed by William Desmond Taylor, who also made Huckleberry Finn in 1920, this time with actors young enough to realistically portray Tom and Huck. ~ Janiss Garza, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jack Pickford - Tom Sawyer
- Clara Horton - Becky Thatcher
- Robert Gordon - Huckleberry Finn